Friday, February 17, 2012

Do you want to see Mother Mary


                                                                                
Would you like to see Mother Mary before you die?It’s a simple way which the Blessed Mother herself revealed to St. Mechtilde. It is known as the "Three Hail Mary Devotion," and consists of saying three times each day the Hail Mary with the invocation "O my Mother, preserve me this day/ (or night) from mortal sin”
 In the Book of Revelations of St. Mechtilde we read:
"While Mechtilde was beseeching the glorious Virgin to assist her in her hour of death, Our Lady appeared to her and said: 'I will certainly. But I also want you to say three special Hail Mary's to me every day.
'The first will be in honor of God the Father, Whose omnipotence raised my soul so high above every other creature that, after God, I have the greatest power in Heaven and on earth. In the hour of your death, I will use that power of God the Father to keep any hostile power far from you.
'The second Hail Mary will be said in honor of the Son of God, Who communicated His inscrutable wisdom to me. In the hour of your death, I will fill your soul with the light of that wisdom, so that all the darkness of ignorance and error will be dispelled.
'The third Hail Mary will be in honor of God the Holy Ghost, Who filled my soul with the sweetness of His love and tenderness and mercy. In your last hour, I will then change the bitterness of death into divine sweetness and delight."
Practice:
Say Three Hail Marys in the morning
"O my Mother, preserve me from mortal sin during this day,"
Say Three Hail Marys in the afternoon
"O my Mother, preserve me from mortal sin during this day,"
Say Three Hail Marys in the evening
   "O my Mother, preserve me from mortal sin during this night."

No comments:

Post a Comment